The ideal candidates will be experienced in all aspects of vehicle servicing and diagnostics and be capable of producing the highest quality work in an extremely busy environment. A minimum of 3 years post apprenticeship experience is desirable – ideally working within the luxury car segment.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Performing work as outlined on the job card with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership’s high standards. Communicating with parts department to obtain needed parts, inform workshop manager if vehicle is awaiting parts and pursue special order of parts if necessary.
- Diagnosing cause of any malfunction and perform repair after confirming authorization by customer.
- Saving and tagging any and all parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by customer.
- Examining the vehicle and performing vehicle health checks to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Notifying service advisors immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
- Road-testing vehicles to spot check work performed.
- Keeping abreast of technical bulletins and attend factory sponsored training classes.
- Maintaining a clean and neat workspace and adhering to all company policies, procedures and safety standards.
- Qualified Technician.
- Ability to clearly complete job card write ups with a thorough understanding of the requirements of factory standards for warranty write-ups.
- Good communication skills and the ability to identify and explain additional work required to service advisors or customers as required.
- Previous experience working with ADP/Kerridge systems would be an advantage.
- Full clean, current driver’s license and a good driving record
- Manual dexterity
- Good judgment
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
- Willingness to attend BMW training if and when required.
Location Naas, Rathangan & Limerick
Payment Competitive DOE
Category Motors, Trades / Operative / Manual.
Terms Permanent, Full-time